Friday, July 25, 2014

T Minus Three Days

It's getting closer and closer by the minute.  Last Monday I drove with Aaron, the boyfriend, back to Iowa.  We happened upon the world's largest candle, the world's largest truck stop, and a very disappointing large chair, and I was able to finish a few more rows of my cross stitch and enjoy a couple more hours with the best man I've ever known.  After visits to both sides of my family, a bunch of sweet corn consumption, and a trip in the sail boat, I dropped him off at the airport.  It was a rough day, and solidified the need to move back to Pittsburgh to see him, or to reconnect in another way.  I miss him already, and his absence is forcing me to focus on the upcoming trip and my goals and plans for it.  There are many things I want to do, things that will put me in a good place for my upcoming 30th birthday.  Bangkok will hopefully provide me with the time, money, and quiet to do these things.

I'm always shifting and changing my goals, but a couple of them are already set.

1.  Save as much money as possible in order to travel, pay off loans, and pad the emergency fund and IRA.
2.  Organize a lifetime of photographs to be able to search easily and securely.
3.  Increase my mindfulness and shift bad habits by creating good habits.
4.  Find the enjoyment and pleasures of cooking by cooking often.
5.  Further my career in as many ways as possible and continue to work on my lifelong learning.

To that end, this blog will begin.  It will be a catalogue of successes, or life changes, of accountability for my goals.  Hopefully, I will encounter some entertaining people in order to provide some funny stories.  It will be a blog that will have a different vibe than the previous; instead of focusing on just the stories that effected me, I will also be discussing the effects that I have on myself.  I want to change certain aspects of my life so that I can be mindful of the gratitude that surges through me with every passing moment.  I want to find joy in everything and share that with the world at large.

Three days til liftoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment