Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Things Have Arrived

Having your shipment arrive is one of the most amazing days.

I shipped off my goods in the middle of July, and two men arrived at my mother's house to pack all of my clothing and knick knacks and cooking gear into boxes, then carted them away.

A few days ago, it finally arrived, and two men arrived at my new house to bring all of my clothing and knick knacks and cooking gear out of the boxes, taking them away.

This was a quick process, just less than an hour.  The men made just one comment about my things as they unpacked.  They pulled out the boxing gloves, asked if they were mine, laughed, then put them down.  The rest was as practical and easy as can be.

They even took away the boxes, which honestly would have been the most inconvenient thing to have in my house.

Later update: It took me quite a few hours (and days, if I'm honest), to put away all of these things.  But, I am proud to say that all of my things are where I want them to be and I am fully settled in.





1 comment: