Sunday, September 21, 2014

Creativity for the Week

I found this on the side of the road as garbage at a house near to my own.  I rescued it because, despite being unfinished, I like the vibe and the colors and even the white space.  Now it lives in my garden.

The coffee man here has these coffee cup holders in plastic.  This is everywhere in Asia.  However, the creativity that I noticed has to do with the coffee man's stand.  There is a blue PVC style pipe with all of these on it, so all he has to do is put the cup on top of the pipe and slide it on.  I find that remarkably practical.

At the noodle stand in the market, there isn't a ton of space.  The ladies I go to have their corner for all their food, a couple of tables, and this, the caddy for all the used cups and garbage.  It's very organized.  There's a strainer over the garbage pail... so they can throw in the excess liquid from the bowls.  It catches all of the extra food pieces, possibly for compost, and lets free the liquid so it can be dumped out elsewhere.  I find that quite clever.

My microwave has Thai foods and writing on it.  That may be interesting to someone.

I got tired of my water bottle flying all over the place, and my coffee in the morning.  So, I created a coffee holder on my bicycle that can hold my liquids.  It's made from some wire and an extra planter thing I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment