Saturday, September 6, 2014

Places I Read

I'm very thrilled to say that I have begun reading again.  It may seem strange that a gal like me ever stops reading, but for me, I read in waves.  I read the full HP series in a matter of weeks, then had a dry spell for a few weeks.  I read the Dragon Tattoo series in a similar time frame and couldn't be convinced to read for almost two months afterward.  I was getting through the Game of Thrones series, but I just couldn't finish.  I lost the power and was stuck halfway through book 5 for the better part of 6 months.

But now, I've finished, and found again my love of the written word.

I finished GoT.
I read The Fault in Our Stars on the way home from the retreat.  It was finished in less than a day.
I've now just finished Divergent, and am beginning the others.

And so, I thought I would begin a series of photographs on where I read.

Bangkok, and my village Sammakorn, give me a wide variety of options for reading.  I love it.  Love it.  And with that being said, I figured there might be some interest in the places and the things that I'm beginning to do in my daily life.

The table I have at home and my brand new Ikea lamp.  I was reading
while I consumed some noodles and iced Strawberry Green tea.

Noodles at breakfast this morning.  Starting book 2 of Divergent with
guey tio and coffee.

Today, blogging, though I could easily have been reading.   I'm at a place
called Lord Of Coffee, and the guy who runs it (Kang) is an awesome human.
Check my beaker of tea and my scone.

Lord of Coffee again.  I've been moving all over today in this joint because
it is open air and the rain keeps coming down and soaking me.  You may be able to
see the rain falling hard.  It's all over this poor place, and empty save me.


No comments:

Post a Comment