Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A New Home

Borrowed bicycle and yard bereft of green... needs some
fixing.  I need some plants.
I have a wonderful new house.  I've just moved in yesterday, and spent the entire day trying to get myself unpacked and acquire the things I needed.  This is easier said than done.  My house is a bit.... out of the way.... which will eventually be very good.  But for now?  Well.  My legs were a bit tired from pedaling the bike and walking out in the sun.

On the plus side, I'm a 5 minute bike ride from Kims house, and a 10 minute bike ride from town.  This will eventually be a moto area, though.  I need to buy one to get things from place to place.  But later.  Everyone has been clamoring to see my new home, and I am finally settled enough to post some pictures.

Entryway into the kitchen.  3M hooks on the
wall there.
I went all over Sammakorn yesterday, looking around and finding out what is what.  I eventually became just exhausted looking for all the things I required, and even managed to break the ATM and get my card lost.  Now, I don't think this is an atypical problem, since the lady I called didn't sound very surprised.  I was trying to change my PIN number from the one they assigned, and the thing ended up freezing on me.  International life has its drawbacks it would seem.

I got everything I really needed despite the setback.  A fan, for sure.  Somehow, the man who lived here before didn't have one.  He also didn't cook much given the lack of cookery in the kitchen.  He did, however, leave some boss pillows and some nice backpacks.  I also have more furniture than myself and Rizza will ever be able to utilize, and no plants in the courtyard.  I'll work on that with the first paycheck.

Fast Facts:
My first meal was Mama noodles.
I drank every bit of water in the house.
I hooked up my coffee maker, which was the best decision.
I remember I really like the decorative windows.
I woke up to bright sunlight from my east facing window.

Modest kitchen.  Not sure how they forgot all the
cabinets, but that's all good.

Bedroom, with the giant bed and giant window.  Giant
armoire is behind me. 

Desk area in the living room, right by the other door.
There's lots of air there that makes it really cool.

Living room.  They made me keep the TV.  And all this
extra furniture... 

Bathroom.  Hot water shower.  There is another bathroom
with just the hose, but this one seems more legit.

This room has the washing machine and ironing board,
plus a door to the drying.  Not sure exactly the
point of the sink.

Backyard.  For drying the clothes and ... um...

Also for the Christmas tree.  *shrug*



No comments:

Post a Comment