Friday, August 1, 2014

House Hunting

Well, I think I have a new home.

I have two, for sure, two excellent choices.

One is a house near Punnawithi BTS station.  That makes it close to everything in town. A quick walk, or bike ride, or moto ride, and I will be at the station that will take me to anywhere.  The house was nice, too.  It was pretty, there was a small bit of furniture involved, and it was generally a decent place.  Needs cleaned in the worst way, but that's a pretty easy fix.  I liked it, and it was so near to the city.  My commute would be a quick jaunt on the moto to the shuttle bus and there I would be.  The little neighborhood was nice as well.  There were a few restaurants, a couple of shops, very pleasant.

The other house is near to my friend in a very different village.  It's about half an hour outside of the center of town, but in a really nice little village.  I say little village, but it's still in the city.  Very much in the city.  It's a few kilometers from a shopping mall with a Starbucks and an Au Bon Pain.... a few more kilometers from the McDonalds and the cinema.  It looked insanely comfortable and I was greatly impressed with the amount of light shining through the windows.  The space was big, but not too big.  The kitchen was lovely and looks to be a great place to cook in.  I really fell in love with this place.  And, the benefit of living near a friend is sharing the commute, which takes a big burden off of me.

So, how to choose?

They are both the same price, which actually was more than I was hoping to pay, but I'm seeing the realities of the situation.  It is still extremely reasonable.
The water and electricity would also be similar, and the second house has a little extra charge because of the community life.
The commute trade off would more than make up for the previous charge.

Really, the only consideration that I'm making is what I would prefer to be close to.  Living near to the city has perks, like being able to grab the train to the Siam Supercenter Mall... and all the malls that surround it.  Though, that doesn't really agree with my plan to live a simple and frugal life.  Maybe I want to live near to the bars and the expat scene, though again... not quite my plan here.  I can get into town with about $5 and a taxi, and apparently there are some busses that run as well... and I keep wondering what I'll actually have time for.  This job is going to keep me mighty busy, and I may as well save some time with the commute as opposed to planning for the evening events that I don't even know exist.

That second house was so beautiful, and I imagine myself in there quite easily.  So, I've called and asked to take it.  I still need to confirm with my friend on some details, but that is the idea.

Pretty neat, huh?  In other news, Rizza slips around on these marble-esque floors while I point the laser pointer and it is hilarious.



No comments:

Post a Comment